Hipster Replacement: KEXP NY Sessions are up! May 15-19

Thursday, April 13, 2006

KEXP NY Sessions are up! May 15-19

This comes around a couple times a year and is one of my favorite music events in New York. Kickass public radio station KEXP Seattle hosts a week of private (very private) sessions of 4 or 5 songs and interviews with one of the KEXP DJs. Both local and national acts participate, although the focus is on New York Area bands.

They are FREE! All you need to do is sign up, do it fast as this is getting more popular each time they come to town. Here is the signup form.

I am attending the Mugs session at 12pm Monday and the GoStation session at 12pm Tuesday.

I have been to 7 of these sessions since 2004. I have seen Baskervilles, Concretes, Sondre Lerche, Caulfield Sisters, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, Goldspot and Youth Group with maybe 20-50 people in the room. It is also a real treat to see the KEXP DJs practicing their craft. These are the people who are guiding our musical exposure to a great degree, and this is an opportunity to let them know how much we appreciate them and see some awesome sessions as well.

I hope the new venue (the previous sessions were broadcast from Museum of TV and Radio) is just as intimate...

A Note about Popups on my Blog:

As of this posting, I have coded a single popup screen for the links I send you to. This is so you can keep the main blog page open while navigating to my links. I am only sending you to one screen, which will be reused for eack link you click. I am doing this to prevent multiple popups while enabling you to retain easy access to this page. Too technical?

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM EDT , Blogger Charlotte Deaver said...

Hi again, Jonathan. This is a great thing to know about -- thanks. And how were the shows?! Your site looks fine. Just keep going! Adding pictures will spiff it up, too. See you around. . . :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home